- ME FIRST
- Welcome to the State’s Wellness Programs
- How to Apply
- Wellness Center Code of Conduct
- Change Your Life – Resources Available to Maine Employees
- Mission & Vision
- Bangor Outdoor Walking Trails
- Gym Program – Statewide
- Healthy Directions
- TDES FREE PROGRAM – Telephonic Diabetes Education & Support
- Fitness Class Schedules
Welcome to the Bangor Wellness Center!
The Bangor Wellness Center provides a variety of Group Fitness Classes including Zumba®, yoga, aerobics and toning classes which are held on a specially designed sports floor in the new downstairs workout area. Check out the detailed list of Fitness Class Descriptions Stop by and you will be greeted by our friendly staff who are happy to orient you to the facility. You will find cardiovascular equipment including ellipticals, stationary bikes, stair climbers, and treadmills. There is a weight room featuring Cybex weight equipment, free weights and kettle bells for your strengthening work out. There is even a Nintendo Wii-Fit® for you to use! We have personal trainers on staff available to meet with you by appointment, and we encourage you to meet with them so that they can assist you along the way to your fitness goals!
|In order to qualify for membership, you must be an active full time, part time, or seasonal State of Maine employee or a State of Maine retiree or retiree spouse. State employees and their spouses are now eligible for membership to our facilities and spouses no longer need to be part of the state’s insurance plan in order to be eligible. We are still asking for insurance cards in order to verify eligibility for state benefits and ask that the active employee or retiree come in initially with the spouse when signing up with insurance cards in hand for verification.|
- Stop by the Bangor Wellness Center for a membership application or call us at 404-5800 and the staff can fax them to you, or you can print our online Membership Application , Membership Agreement/Waiver and
Wellness Center Code of Conduct forms, fill them out, and drop them off at our center.
- The staff will be happy to orient you to the facility. Come dressed in gym clothes (T-shirt, sweatpants or shorts, sneakers) or bring them with you along with your own lock and ear buds,and feel free to use the locker rooms to change.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a fitness trainer one-on-one for FREE! Click Here for list of free services to choose from!
We open early so that you can come work out before you begin your day at the office, during your lunch or later in the day.
Monday through Thursday 6 AM to 7 PM
Friday 6 AM to 4 PM
Saturday 7 AM to 12 Noon (September-May)
The Bangor Wellness Center is located at 102 Hogan Road in Bangor on the Dorothea Dix Campus. From Interstate 95, take exit 187 and turn east on Hogan Road, away from the Bangor Mall. Proceed approximately .8 mile and turn right just past the Bangor Fire Department onto the grounds of the Dorothea Dix Psychiatric Center. We are just past the Maine Veterans Home, the next driveway on the left. Our building is the one with the green awning that says 102 on it and we are on the first floor. Click here for Driving Directions