Monday through Thursday, 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday, 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday 7 a.m. to 12 noon (September-May)
We open early so that you can work out before you begin your day at the office, or stop in during your lunch or later in the day.
The Bangor Wellness Center provides a variety of Group Fitness Classes including yoga, aerobic and toning classes which are held on a specially designed sports floor in the workout area. Check out the detailed list of Fitness Class Descriptions.
Stop by and you will be greeted by our friendly staff happy to show you around the center. You will find cardiovascular equipment such as elliptical machines, stationary bikes, and treadmills. There is a weight room featuring Cybex weight equipment, free weights and kettle bells for your strengthening needs. There is even a Nintendo Wii-Fit® for you to use!
We have personal trainers on staff available to meet with you by appointment to assist you with your fitness goals!
|For FREE membership, you must be a State of Maine full time, part time or seasonal employee, retiree, spouse or domestic partner. All who apply will be required to show proof of state of Maine medical insurance.|
- Stop by the Bangor Wellness Center for membership paperwork or call us at 404-5800 and the staff can fax it to you.
- You may wish to print and fill out our online Membership Application, Membership Agreement/Waiver and Wellness Center Code of Conduct forms, fill them out, and drop them off at our center.
- You can find a Medical Clearance form here if you need medical clearance from your physician before you can join.
- Come dressed in gym clothes or bring them with you and feel free to use the locker rooms to change.
- Schedule a time to meet with a fitness trainer for FREE! Here is a list of FREE services to choose from!
The Bangor Wellness Center is located at 102 Hogan Road in Bangor on the Dorothea Dix Campus. From Interstate 95, take exit 187 and turn east on Hogan Road, away from the Bangor Mall. Proceed approximately .8 mile and turn right just past the Bangor Fire Department onto the grounds of the Dorothea Dix Psychiatric Center. We are just past the Maine Veterans Home, the next driveway on the left. Our building is the one with the green awning that says 102 on it and we are located on the first floor. Driving Directions can be found here.