- ME FIRST
- Welcome to the State’s Wellness Programs
- How to Apply to the Eastside Wellness Center
- Wellness Center Code of Conduct
- Change Your Life – Resources Available to Maine Employees
- Mission & Vision
- Gym Program Statewide
- Healthy Directions
- Roaming Fitness Specialist in Augusta
- Take a Walk Outside!
- TDES FREE PROGRAM – Telephonic Diabetes Education & Support
- Fitness Classes
Get Healthy At The Eastside Wellness Center
The Eastside Wellness Center is dedicated to the health and well being of Maine state employees. What a benefit! Basketball is a favorite activity in the Eastside gym, click here to see the Open court sessions are scheduled Monday through Friday for impromptu pick-up games. A variety of group exercise classes, including Zumba®, yoga, kick boxing, Nordic walking, and snow shoeing are held at our center. Click the highlighted area to view the Fitness Class & Basketball Schedules and the Fitness Class Descriptions.
The gym has cardio and strength training equipment as well as free weights, exercise balls, kettle bells and more. Most of our cardio machines have televisions attached, so bring your own ear buds and feel free to use this personalized feature!
|In order to qualify for membership, you must be a full time, or part time State of Maine employee or a retiree who is eligible to receive the State of Maine medical insurance benefits. Spouses or significant others are eligible if they are covered under the State of Maine medical insurance plan and will be required to show proof of insurance when applying to our facility.|
Here’s How to Sign Up!
- Stop by the Eastside Wellness Center for a membership application or call us at 620-9400 and the staff can fax you an application. Just fill it out, drop it off and we can help you on your path to fitness.
- Fill out and print our online Membership Application, and print off and sign our Membership Agreement/Waiver and our Wellness Center Code of Conduct forms if that is easier, and bring in these completed forms to the front desk staff.
- The staff would be happy to orient you to the facility! Come dressed in gym clothes (T-shirt, sweatpants or shorts, sneakers) or bring them with you along with your own lock and ear buds, and use the locker rooms to change.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a fitness trainer one-on-one for FREE! Click Here for list of free services to choose from!
Monday through Thursday, 5 am – 7 p.m
Friday 5 am – 4 pm (June-August)
Friday 5 am-6pm (September-May)
Saturday 7 am – 2 p.m
The Eastside Wellness Center is located at 6 Elkins Lane on the Eastside (old AMHI) campus near the Riverview facility. It is easily accessible from Arsenal Street off Hospital Street (south) or Bridge Street (north). Click here for a detailed map from your location to The Eastside Wellness Center.