- ME FIRST
- Welcome to the State’s Wellness Programs
- How to Apply
- Change Your Life – Resources Available to Maine Employees
- Westside Wellness Center Brochure
- Wellness Center Code of Conduct
- Mission & Vision
- Gym Program – Statewide
- Healthy Directions
- Roaming Fitness Specialist in Augusta
- Take a Walk Outside!
- TDES FREE PROGRAM – Telephonic Diabetes Education & Support
The Journey Begins here at the Westside Wellness Center!
The Augusta Westside Wellness Center our newest center, is located at DOT Fleet in Augusta. Although all state employees are welcome at the Center, the early hours were chosen with DOT workers in mind. Personal trainers are available on location and would be happy to assist you on your fitness journey.
Come work out early before you go to work, or later in the day. We have treadmills, ellipticals, and stationary bikes with their own personal televisions (bring your own ear buds) waiting for you! You will also find strength training machines from Life Fitness®, a power rack, chin-up machine, standard bench press, free weights, exercise balls, a multi-jungle gym for upper body exercise, and a stretching area. Everything you need to get fit and have fun!
|In order to qualify for membership, you must be a full time, or part time State of Maine employee or a retiree who is eligible to receive the State of Maine medical insurance benefits. Spouses or significant others are eligible if they are covered under the State of Maine medical insurance plan and will be required to show proof of insurance when applying to our facility.|
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday from 5:00 am – 6:00 pm
Friday (September – May) 5:00 am – 4:00 pm
Friday (June – August) 5:00 am – 2:00 pm
How do you join?
- Stop by the Augusta Westside Wellness Center, for a membership application, or call us at (207) 620-9330 and the staff can fax you an application. Just fill it out, and drop it off. If you would prefer to download the application online, just click the link here Membership Application, print it, fill it out and bring it to the center.
- You are also required to sign a Membership Agreement/Waiver form. Download one by clicking here Membership Agreement/Waiver then print it, sign it and bring it in along with a Wellness Center Code of Conduct form.
- The staff would be happy to orient you to the facility. Come dressed in gym clothes (T-shirt, sweatpants or shorts, sneakers) or bring them with you, along with your own lock and ear buds to listen to the televisions on the machines. Feel free to use our locker rooms to change and/or shower.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a fitness trainer one-on-one for FREE! Click Here for list of free services to choose from!
The Westside Wellness Center is located at 105 Capitol Street, on the north side of Capitol Street in Augusta. From the State House, cross Sewall Street and go up the hill. The Wellness Center is on the right at DOT Fleet Services. From Western Avenue, turn onto Armory Street and take a left onto Capitol Street. The Wellness Center is on the left between Florence and Sewall Streets. Limited parking is available in two small connected lots.
For detailed driving directions to the Augusta Westside Wellness Center from your location, click here Driving Directions.